fot

Re: Meant oil pan baffle not windage tray

To: "6pack digest" <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: Meant oil pan baffle not windage tray
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:46:32 -0700
Chuck, check the fitment of the baffle and the windage tray.  The oil pump
and the dipstick didn't line up and I had to modify the holes a little to
make it fit properly.  I think the dipstick hole was shown on the wrong side
and the hole for the oil pump was for an early style pump.  At least this
was true for the drawings I had.
I also took 2 oil pans and cut the top of one real long and the bottom of
the other real tall and welded them together to give me a deeper sump.  The
manual also states you then use the one qt. low mark for the full point.  I
wasn't to sure about that and I also extended the oil pump further into the
pan.  I also had the oil pump machined to tighter tolerances.  I think I put
about 7 qts in my motor.
I put some pictures of my car on my website should you be curious:
http://www.mitchelplumbing.com/racing%20page.htm
Charly