fot

RE: RE: RE: Meant oil pan baffle not windage tray

To: "'CHUCK.ARNOLD@ORACLE.COM'" <CHUCK.ARNOLD@oracle.com>
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Meant oil pan baffle not windage tray
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:18:15 -0700
Here's a link that shows a typical Milodon windage tray (not for a
triumph--you'll have to make your own). You can install a tray without
baffles in the sump. The idea of the tray is to get the oil off the crank
as fast as possible. http://www.flatlanderracing.com/windage1.html

Here's a simple baffle setup: http://www.stotti.freeserve.co.uk/tech.html
that uses a horizontal baffle. For these you usually have a steeply angled
lip around the oil pickup that encourages flow down into the pan but
prevents the bulk of flow from coming out.