fot

Re: Brake rotor source?

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake rotor source?
From: "Tom Strange" <tstrange@new.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:46:13 -0500
Just a question here....
  A theory I have heard in the past that I would like to hear input on....
  Some say that rotors will take a "set" after 3 full heat cycles.  Then and
only then, they can be successfully turned.  The theory states that if you
turn the rotors after this point you will have good rotors for some time to
come.  If you turn them before the 3 heat cycles, you are wasting your time
and money, as they will warp again.
  Any opinions on this theory???????  I myself have tried it, and it seems
to me to work........... However ...... my experience with it is limited,
and there is no way of knowing of some fluke, such as just having a good set
of rotors to start with...
  I'd like to hear the opinions from the list...
Tom
ps..... although I dont use my brakes as effectively as I should, I am
running Hawk Blue pads (one set a season and a half & still going) and one
set of rotors on their 3rd season....