fot

RE: Brake rotor source?

To: "'Hugh Barber'" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Brake rotor source?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:14:27 -0700
Oh yee of little faith.  : )

I checked the ones on the shelf here at Moss.  They are all Brembo, with
"Made in Italy" in big letters on the boxes.

We have had some problems with Girling rotors being outsourced to who knows
where, but Brembo has been pretty dependable.

p.s.  identical pricing does not necessarily mean identical parts.  The two
are somewhat independent.  If it is not usual to state brand, then it is
necessary to have competitive prices no matter what.  Product sourcing is
more a function of availability and quality control, rather than cheapest
pricing.  If you have a good quality dependable source, you may be willing
to take a hit on the profitability, rather than finding the cheapest deal.

Kelvin.