fot

Re: TR6 Axle Mod

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Axle Mod
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:16:59 -0700
I was service manager for the Western US when the pressure valves were being
installed as production items.  They worked, but the customers complained
ALL THE TIME that their front brakes were dragging (so they thought). This
may have been the cause of the demise of this valve. Most of the shop people
just didn't understand what it was and why and so when the car was jacked up
and the wheels were tight from the last brake application they thought
something was wrong and so took out the valve to please the customer who
then came back with the "knock-off" problem. The valve also created a little
difficulty in bleeding out the system which also the shop dealer  people
never got a handle on even after repeated shop bulletins and instructions.

The trick in the bleeding for those that have a valve in their system NOW,
is:

You must first bleed the system before the valve , then immediately after
the valve before bleeding the balance of the system. Kind of a pain cause
there is no bleeder on the valve but, just back off the connecting fitting a
bit and bleed as normal.