fot

Fw: Weber cold air induction

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Weber cold air induction
From: "MARK J WEATHERS" <markjwea@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:58:18 -0700
Amigos, Kas has pretty much dissuaded me from pursuing the weber cold air
induction box, primarily due to the issues of straightening out airflow. I
guess the pressure head developed from air before the radiator shroud can
create some feed problems given the limited space. Also an inlet-fuel bowl
pessure diff on some carbs. I was planning to make individual boxes for each
carb to avoid dealing with manifold differences, which makes the problem
worse. However, a lot of experienced racers have made boxes from fiberglass
or carbon fiber to fit all three carbs, it would be interesting to see if
anyone had before and after dyno results. Another approach seems to be
insulating the carbs from the exhaust area. One approach Michael Porter has
seen ducted air over the exhaust manifold and out the bottom to carry away
heat. My personal conclusion after getting your inputs would be to construct
a sheetmetal barrier (with dead air space per Kas below) that provides a
channel for cooler air from the front of the radiator to the carb area. I
would not try to make it completely airtight to the fenderwell or hood so
that the air had some place to bleed off. Cooler air with a large 'airbox' I
guess. A bit of a project and custom to each car I would imagine.

Mark
72 TR6