fot

Re: Weber cold air induction

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber cold air induction
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:14:46 -0700
The idea of smooth hose is that the boundary layer does not increase as fast
or as thick as it does with corrugated or wire type hose.  As the air speed
increases the boundary layer thickens and reduces the overall character of
the hose. While working with turbos I found that a 2" inlet hose would be
choked right off at high revs with a 1600cc engine at 15 pounds of boost.
Smooth hose worked just fine. We replaced the corrugated hose on the GTP
Nissan prototype refueling rig and picked up several seconds in filling
time.