fot

Re: Driving to events

To: John Wiseman <wiseman@titan.com>
Subject: Re: Driving to events
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:32:08 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, John Wiseman wrote:

> And talking about driving your triumph to events ...
>
> Our Ohio bound mini convoy passed a spitfire with New York plates on
> the way back from
> the Solo II year end fest in Topeka about 4 or 5 times.  Nothing like
> driving
> your DP spit 1000 miles [or more] each way.  Was that anyone on our
> list ?

If it was a light green Spitfire, then it was probably Mark van de Carr,
and it's actually a DMod car. Mark's a real trooper, he drives to/from
several makor events each year. He's also a very good driver too, as the
winners at the National are driving cars that are probably 400 pounds
lighter and another 50 or more HP - and Mark is actually competitive with
them.

> If not they should be, that's a serious drive in any spitfire :)
>  From the entry list I'm guessing it was David Dill, but am not sure.

If it was driving on the street, then is was probably Mark. If it was on a
trailer, then "nevermind".

> And here I was wishing for a trailer for the S2000 I took out there !

Really!

And here I am thinking that all S2000's should be automatically moved to
A Prepared.

:-)

> have fun
> John

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |