fot

TR7 Conversion to V8

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 Conversion to V8
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 07:25:52 EST
FOTers

       Under California regulations, it is possible to upgrade a TR7 or TR8
street car (or for that matter any other post 1973 Triumph) to a newer engine.
The only caveat is that the car is then subject to the same emissions
requirements of the model year of the car from which the upgraded engine was
transferred. The only potentially negative part of this is the car would be
subject to
continuing air emissions requirements even after it reached the date that its
model year became exempted from smog testing.

       I am curious as to whether anyone in FOT has investigated the option
of replacing the TR7 or TR8 engine with a newer Rover V8 engine including the
Rover's factory fuel injection.  What year's in the Rover V8 are basically the
same lineage as the TR8 engine? Is there somewhere were the Rover engines have
been compared?

       Awhile back someone referred me to a person here in California who had
done the conversion. Due to computer problems, I have lost my stored
addresses and emails. Would appreciate a recontact.

Cary