fot

RE: SPAX shocks and springs

To: "'John Price'" <jprice1@txcyber.com>,
Subject: RE: SPAX shocks and springs
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:50:44 -0700
John,
I started on my Spit by using GT6 springs that I cut down to get the
right height.  They turned out to be on the verge of being too short to
hold the springs in their perches.  But it worked out pretty well.  When
I decided I needed stiffer springs, I had some custom coils made to the
desired rate and length.  The effect was the height and spring rate I
wanted.

The springs are short enough that at full extension there is no spring
pressure on the perches.  I have been running them for over a year now
and I have not had any problem with them coming out of the grooves
around the perches.   And with autocross as opposed to road racing, I
suspect it would be more likely to do so.

That is  my experience, your results may vary (mandatory disclaimer)  :)

Joe (C)