fot

TR front hub mods

To: "Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR front hub mods
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:31:22 -0800
In Kas Kastners Triumph Preparation Handbook, he writes, There have been
several manners of modifying the stock hubs to make them safer and these
modifications work as far as I know.  The modification: longer studs that
capture both the front and back of the hubs so that they cannot break
apart. Has anyone ever seen or performed this mod? I am looking at a stock
TR6 hub and I can see how maybe the brake rotor attachment bolt could be
modified so that you would use longer bolts and thread them into the front
side of the hub, but I cannot for the life of me see how the wheel studs
could be made to fasten to the rear side of the hub.

Hugh Barber

Hollister, CA

73 TR6