fot

Re: TR front hub mods

To: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: TR front hub mods
From: "Stutzman" <stutzman@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:57:03 -0500
I've done this modification to the front hubs of my TR4.  You use longer
bolts that attach the rotors to the hubs.  Tap the hub flange and run these
4 longer attaching bolts through the tapped holes.  You don't do anything to
the wheel studs.
My machine shop guy agrees that this will strengthen the hub flange.
I first saw this modification in the late 80s when Mike Jackson broke a hub
at Watkins Glen.  He borrowed a hub from Bill Collum that had this
modification.  Collum has long ago sold the white TR4 that he raced.
Bruce Stutzman