fot

Re: TR front hub mods

To: stutzman@adelphia.net, tr6nut@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: TR front hub mods
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:28:01 EST
In a message dated 1/11/04 6:58:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
stutzman@adelphia.net writes:

<< Tap the hub flange and run these 4 longer attaching bolts through the
tapped holes.  You don't do anything to
 the wheel studs. >>

Ancient history: After the attaching bolts were installed, a few racers built
up the groove with a bunch of weld metal.  I do not know if this is a good
idea or not.

I broke one hub years ago at Summit Point, which tore off the left front
fender.  After that incident, I found the hub on the right side cracked by
using
"die check."  The best fix is to install aluminum hubs.