fot

Re: Compensation For "Driver Weight"

To: <Group44TR7@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compensation For "Driver Weight"
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:26:15 -0500
Cary, I don't have any idea but this whole subject is the focus of some
humor done by Peter Ustinov way back in 1958 when he recorded his "Grand
Prix of Gibraltar" spoof. The whole recording is done by Peter using his
voice only, making engine sounds, using the accents of teams from all over
the world. The German Team was particularly aware of weight distribution and
had their drivers sit in the cars with one leg forward and the other
backwards in a Cheerleader's split all for weight distribution.
If you or any of the other FOTers haven't heard this recording you should
get it. Great humor still today nearly 50 years later.
It's available in CD format. "Peter Ustinov, The Grand Prix of Gibraltar"
A friend got it as a Christmas gift and I have just finished listening to it
for the first time. It's very funny and pokes fun at all nationalities.
Jerry Van Vlack