fot

Axle bits

To: "'Robert M. Lang '" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: Axle bits
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:29:38 -0800
If you've got a TR2/3/4/6 send uncle Jack an email now about these front
axle bits. They are beautiful parts. I pulled my front axles last night and
compared them to the new parts--holy smoke--my ass was depending on THAT!
The stock axles are a classic example of how not to build a highly stressed
part. I'm simply amazed they didn't break. Considering that the front wheel
will almost certainly part company and the liklihood of an immediate flip,
these new axles are very cheap insurance for an increasingly valuable race
car. Not to mention your precious skin.