fot

Re: WEBER carbs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WEBER carbs
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:24:24 -0800 (PST)
Pat Braden's book is good. I've also found Des Hammill's "How
to Build and Power Tune Weber & Dellorto..." very useful.

There are a couple of various collections of Weber datasheets
out there that are very useful for helping choose choke size
and emulsion tube.

Remember that most "suggested jet" tables are aimed at racing
engines that are mostly used at full throttle. If that doesn't
describe how you're going to use the vehicle, then you will
probably want a smaller choke to keep mixture velocity up
and to get decent throttle response.

The bible is by Passini ... but it will most likely put
you to sleep instead of help you tune your carb :-) It's
more about the mysteries and theories of operation.

I would think that a call to Dave Bean Engineering to
discuss the details of your engine would get your
*very* close to optimal right out of the box.

chris