fot

TR4-4A Caged counter shaft bearings

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4-4A Caged counter shaft bearings
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:14:21 -0500
List and FOT, A friend and I have been trying to come up with a way to remove
the caged roller bearings that are installed on the TR4 and 4A Transmission
Countershaft short of the smash and remove methods that we both end up doing
after trying to carefully remove them. There just does not seem to be a way to
remove them short of an act of violence.

Any been there and done that experiences that you'd be willing to share? Those
things just don't want to give up with any amount of ease.

Regards,
JVV