fot

Chevy 5.3 Litre Powered Tow Vehicle

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Chevy 5.3 Litre Powered Tow Vehicle
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:46:40 -0500
Amici:

Does anyone have any comments on the Chevy 5.3 litre V-8 and its suitability
as a tow vehicle engine?

A while ago I picked FoT's brain about the towing problem poor Dale, my 5.0
litre (305 c.i.d.) powered Chevy truck, has. The consensus was that I should
look into replacing the worn-out engine with a 5.7 (350 c.i.d.) litre
engine.

I just discussed this with my truck mechanic, who knows Dale very well. Even
though he stands to make some cash on the swap, he suggested that I look
into buying another truck! And that it should have the towing package and a
5.7 litre.

I just looked at a 2000 and it has a 5.3 litre Vortec V-8. Did this replace
the 5.7, and is it suitable for towing?

There are some steep hills between here and VIR!

Thanks,
John Herrera