fot

RE: Chevy 5.3 Litre Powered Tow Vehicle

To: "'John Herrera'" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Chevy 5.3 Litre Powered Tow Vehicle
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:17:04 -0500
Another option to consider is a lighter enclosed trailer... I didn't
want to buy a huge tow vehicle so I got the smallest, lightest enclosed
trailer I could find that a TR4 would fit into.  It's not as convenient
as the bigger trailers, in that I can't carry spare engines, trannys,
etc. like Henry does, but my '99 Tahoe (350 with factory towing package)
pulls it very easily and it's way more convenient than an open trailer.
I bought a Featherlite 16' all aluminum (I probably should have bought
the 20' but the concept is the same) with an empty weight of about 1800
pounds, not much more than some of the steel open trailers I looked at.
Cost was about double a comparable steel enclosed trailer but I think it
probably saved me that much on the cost of the tow vehicle and I might
even get most of it back when/if I sell it.  Don