fot

Re: starter wows

To: "Robert Dardano" <19to1tr6@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: starter wows
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 21:37:19 -0500
My advice: If you can make the starter work by shorting across the solenoid
terminals with a screwdriver or some such crudeness, it would appear that
the problem is in the solenoid.  If you can find a replacement solenoid,
replacing it should buy you some time.  In my opinion, the better fix is to
bite the bullet, pull the manifolds, and replace the stock started with a
modern gear reduction one (like Ted Schumaker, TS Imports
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/ sells).  NFI.

- Tony Drews