fot

Re: Spitfire transmissions

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>, <spitfiresuz@141.com>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire transmissions
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:44:58 +1200
GT6 gears are very close ratio. The easiest way to fit them is to have the
input shaft modified, but take care the hardening on the gear isn't altered.
Canley Classics do a closer ratio set (from a Marina 1800), which helps with
the gap between 2nd and 3rd but avoids the very high first gear.
John Kipping