fot

Hot manifold question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot manifold question
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:11:17 EDT
OK folks, another dumb question for you.  Jason and I finally got the fresh
motor installed and fired up tonight in the TR6.  10:30 at night we had the car
out side with the hood off and fired her up.  We noticed a very slight orange
glow to the exhaust manifold.  I tweaked the HD8's somewhat and it did not
appear to be lean  but we did not have much time left to do much experimenting.
Something about going to work in the morning tends to screw things up.
Anyhow, I can say that in all these years I do not think I have ever had the
opportunity to stick my head in the engine compartment with the hood removed
while it
is pitch dark out and study the color of the exhaust manifold.  I will put a
pyrometer on it tomorrow to see just how hot it is getting at idle but in the
mean time, should I be seeing a glow at all (it's minor) at idle?

Thanks,
Marty