fot

RE: Hot manifold question

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hot manifold question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:43:24 -0700
Scary, huh. Not really a problem. A slight orange glow is nothing much.
Bright yellow is even okay. I've had a stainless exhaust be bright yellow
halfway to the header junction and red to the flange. Scared the dickens out
of me. A very experienced engine builder said (if it scares you, turn the
light on.