fot

RE: Hot manifold question

To: <portermd@zianet.com>, <MJSUKEY@cs.com>
Subject: RE: Hot manifold question
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:55:14 -0400
If you want to see something neat, look at a turbo when it is
running at full rpms. Glows a beautiful color. When I worked
in the engine dynos at Ford, we used to run tractor and heavy
truck engines at full load, wide open throttle to check them
out. The turbos were glowing cherry red. Understood why it was
necessary to keep the engine running for a few minutes after
a hard run with the boost on.

Doug