fot

Re: Rev Limiters

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rev Limiters
From: "Matthew Wilder" <mwilder@webryders.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:22:42 -0400
I use the MSD-6AL and dual point Mallory in my TR4a auto-x car with an
adjustable rev limiter set to 6600 so far no crank through the hood...
Adjustments good when you have a co-driver  ;-P

 The first year I had the car built I had major problems getting the carbs
to work right at higher revs, after about $500 of jets I finally found that
I'd extended the power wire on the MSD with the same gage wire but the book
said to go bigger.  Took out the extended part of the wire and it's ran
great ever since.

Matthew Wilder
My webpage:         http://home.webryders.com/teamwild/
HOST slot racers:   http://www.hostinghelps.com/hostclub/

> Amici,
> With all of the recent discussion about increasing the longevity of
cranks, rods and pistons and the concern of over revving the engine I have a
question for the group.  Is any one using a rev limiter?
> I presume that most everyone, regardless of model type, is running some
aftermarket electronic ignition.  Most manufactures offer at at reasonably
price a system with a rev limiter.  Some also offer an update plug in to be
used with the existing system.
> It seems to me that this is an effective way of helping to reduce an
engine failure.  So who in the group is using a rev limiter and what are
your thoughts?