fot

Re: Rev Limiters

To: emanteno@comcast.net, BillB@bnj.com, Richtr@erols.com,
Subject: Re: Rev Limiters
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:57:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/2004 9:34:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
emanteno@comcast.net writes:

The $$$  signs that Joe Alexander has on his tach at 6000 rpm seems to work
just fine  for him.

=====

Hmmm, I guess Joe actually WATCHES his tach, then? :-)

When my buddy and I first "refreshed" the abandoned little GP Spitfire that
became our autocross car (Hardly Boys RaceSpit 4!) in 1983, he took the time
to  remove the rim and glass from the Smiths mechanical tach, get some
Letraset, and place some UK Pounds signs at the appropriate spot on the tach
dial.
Looks clever and got some comments over the years.

But I have to admit that, for the most part, I always was too focused on
driving in the autocross to ever pay much attention to the tach or any other
gauge. (My bad, I know.) Eventually, though, I realized that my very occasional

glances at the tach usually resulted in spotting readings well above both our
"self-imposed limit" and the 6000 rpm max reading on the old tach. So I
scrounged up a GT6 mechanical tach, which at least reads to 7000 rpm.

:-)

Haven't done really any autocrossing in several years now. However, my
daughter turns 16 next summer and has expressed some interest in trying
autocross.
Cool. I happen to think it's great "advanced driver" training,  certainly far
beyond anything she'll ever possibly get from the High School's  Driver Ed.
program!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)