fot

Re: 50 series tires

To: "mordy dunst/ gasket works" <gasket.works@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: 50 series tires
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:13:12 -0700
  We proved years ago that the width of the tire patch was the secret to
success (fast).  even with the narrow rims we were forced to use in the 60's
(SCCA) with tires far too wide for that rim the car was so much faster
everyone started doing it. The Goodyear people told me it'd NEVER work.
WRONG . It was funny cause the car would kind of "flop" over on one side or
the other as the turn dictated due to the tire size but the GRIP went up up
up.