fot

re: 50 series tires

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: 50 series tires
From: alfetta95@optonline.net
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:40:48 -0400
My 2 cents.

I have to run 14x6 rims in SCCA ITB with the Alfa, (Sorry guys!)  I run the
Hoosier R3S04's.  I've tried 205-55-14 and 225 50-14.  Both sizes are a real
bitch to get on the 6" rim due to sidewall stiffness.  My times are at least 1
second a lap faster with the 225-50-14.  This 1 second a lap was on the long
course at Pocono.  Lime Rock I gained about .5 seconds.  The Hoosier sales rep
said the same to me that Goodyear said to Mr. Kastner.  But I don't think the
time clock lies!  If body clearance is a problem a possible solution is a wheel
with a slightly different offset.

TR3A Quick update:
Gussets have been welded to the frame, New floor boards are in. Just finishing
up the other minor inner body repairs.  Next step:  Sandblasting and Roll cage
design.  Any ideas?

Todd Redmond