fot

Re: converting a tr2 to disks?

To: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: converting a tr2 to disks?
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:55:26 -0600
I'm running the Brembo (?) rotors that came on my car.  I doubt they've
been cryo treated, but they were autocrossed with great vigor for a while,
maybe that heat cycling makes a difference.

I changed my pads late in the season (one or two events ago).  I have been
running those pads since shortly after I bought the car 2 1/2 years
ago.  They probably still have a race weekend left in them.  I did have the
rotors resurfaced earlier in the year now that you mention it.  They were a
couple of thou out of true.

Uncle jack says he gets better pad and rotor life with the cryo treated rotors.

- Tony