fot

Re: converting a tr2 to disks?

To: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: converting a tr2 to disks?
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:23:59 -0600
Oh yeah, almost forgot.  They may last longer in the 4 pot Toyota calipers...

Still, one of the secrets to going fast is minimizing the brake usage, I
suppose.  That's not one of the things I really concentrate on yet.  I pick
out the fastest corners and work hard at carrying as much speed through
them as possible.  Like turns 1, 2, and 8 at Mosport, or turn 1, 7, the
carousel, especially the kink at Road America.  Never felt like I got max
speed in the left-hand falling away corner at the end of the esses at VIR,
but that would qualify.  Seems like one of the Carrolls wrote that in a
secrets to speed book (Carroll Smith or Shelby?).  Picking up the 5 mph you
lost in a 50 mph corner takes much less time than picking up the 5 mph you
lost in a 100 mph corner was the theory.  Sounded good and seems to
work.  Kinda high pucker factor, though.  :)

- Tony