fot

RE: Compressor/Portable Air Tank life?

To: "FOT" <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Compressor/Portable Air Tank life?
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:57:10 -0800
> In the final analysis, I tend to agree with Andy Mace that even if rusted,
> the most likly scenario is a leak, not any explosion.

FWIW, the tank on my ~15 year old Sanborn compressor has a smallish leak.  I've
kept it well drained over the years, even put on a ball valve that I can easily
operate with my toe so I wouldn't be tempted to not drain it.  However, it
appears that the original wheels & stand don't give the tank enough slope to
drain completely when sitting on a level floor ... the leak will sometimes blow
water even when the drain won't.  No doubt the water sitting over the years is
why it leaks now.

Wish I'd had the sense to check that when I installed the thing ... oh well, the
compressor is about shot too & the leak makes a perfect excuse to buy a new one.

Randall