fot

Re: Possibility of rebirth of Triumph?

To: <GRMTim@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Possibility of rebirth of Triumph?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:18:48 -0600
If the new Triumph from BRM truly evoked the TR3 (as the new Mini nicely
evoked the old while still being modern) then TR3C would seem apropos.

But why stop there?

A new line of cars, with more "Triumph" lines than the Z-series BMW, would
be nice even if on BMW platforms. And to me that evokes the TR4-5-6 more
than the 7-8. Then, since this is the 21st century (years beginning 20..)
begin a new numbering line with TR20, TR21, etc.

(Why skip over TR9? -- because there was a TR10 so we need to get past
that).

And while they're at it, how about a new line of Spitfires? Engines in the
1400-1600 range but with OD so they are friendlier on the
Interstate/Autobahn.

Dream big.

--Rocky (Spitfire guy)