fot

Re: T-Shirt info. Looong

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: T-Shirt info. Looong
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:59:22 -0500
Larry and list.  Thanks for the interest in FoT apparel.  Marty has
stepped up to the plate to coordinate and that is appreciated.  Since we
have had requests for different colors and fabric, let me explain screen
printing.  This is a lot like machining.  The cost is in the set-up.  In
the case of the FoT logo, we are printing 5 colors, red, black, blue,
green and yellow.  There are actually 6 colors on the logo with the
white but we let the white of the shirt supply this color.  Each color
has its own screen.  We print 1 color, rotate the shirt to the next
printing station, apply the next color and so on.  Each printing station
must have the screen for that particular color indexed so the color goes
only where it is needed.  In the case of a white shirt, wherever there
is white on the logo, we do not print that area.  The white shirt shows
through as the white color for that particular section.  If we switch to
a black shirt, we must then have 2 different screens. One to print white
ink that was not printed on a white shirt and one to block off the black
ink so the black shirt shows through as the black color on the logo.
 These screens must be created, then replaceed in the printing process.
Extra time and extra cost.  Doing a large run of a particular color
shirt lowers the unit cost.  To do this change for a few shirts is not
cost effective.  This is where the 4 dozen number comes into play.

Ted