fot

RE: sway bar

To: <yellowandgreen@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sway bar
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:26:02 -0500
Dennis,
The way I approach this sort of thing is to exaggerate the situation to an
extreme. Thus, if the sway bar were extended say 20 feet, would it provide
more stiffness or would it become flexible enough to bend it by hand.
My guess is the later.
Your small kid on the teeter-toter is the acting force, not the resisting
force.
The longer the teeter-toter, the more it will flex.
Richard Taylor

You wrote:
I have the 3/4" adco sway bar on the front of my TR3
and have been wanting to try something heavier.
Wouldn't it make some sense to move the mounting ends of the bar to a
position further out on the lower wishbone to get the same effect as using a
heavier bar?
Kinda like a small kid sliding all the way back on a teeter toter to pick up
an advantage.

Thanks
Dennis DeLap