fot

RE: European GP (not LBC)

To: "'Rocky Entriken'" <rocky@tri.net>, jrhill <jrhill@chorus.net>,
Subject: RE: European GP (not LBC)
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:00:17 -0700
I have Tivo, but I like to get up early anyway and watch F1 with a
Cappuccino and an early breakfast. Amazing driving. One more reason why
sooner or later I need to get an open wheel car again. You see these guys so
close to the edge lap after lap that the smallest misplacement of a wheel
means they're headed for the kitty litter. No room for error, no catching
the car. It's perfect, or it's off, or you're a back marker. And even they
are damned good.

I watched all the races, one of the best was World Superbike. Great racing
at the front, lap after lap. The biggest problem with AMA superbike is Matt
Mladin, who has set the bar so high that every race is a contest for second.
Makes Michael Schumacher in the dominant years look like a piker. Somebody
needs to figure out how to actually race with him. The WSB doesn't have that
"problem".

I did all my watching except for F1 down in the shop, finishing up Peyote
and cleaning up my shop and tools. I'm about halfway done with the
cleaning--I guess I sat down to watch a few too many times.