fot

Re: European GP (not LBC)

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: European GP (not LBC)
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 08:59:43 -0700
>of 28 other drivers would have been happy to have. Finally Wheldon proving
>he, too, is the real deal with his fourth win. He's not going to be under
>the radar so much any more.

We too were rooting for Danica here at our house because it would have been
fun to see her win.  However, you have to feel a touch sad for Weldon -
yes, he won the race but his victory was certainly overshadowed by "Danica
500".  Even after he won they were still talking about Danica and Weldon
was almost an afterthought.

>failure on the last lap and Alonso wins #4. Wow. Renault, Williams and
>McLaren are showing they are now the equal (or more) of Ferrari and F1 is
>competitive again.

What about Redbull?  DC's drive had to be one of the most inspired of the
day.  Driving a car (last years Jag) that by all rights should be a
backmarker with Jordan and Minardi he started 12th and by the end of the
first lap was in fourth!  He was maintaining that spot too until he got
caught speeding in the pitlane which cost him the last podium spot.