fot

TR3 Radiators

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Radiators
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:54:23 GMT
I put in a new Oil Temp gauge for my race at NHIS this past weekend and was
surprised to see the temps going to 260 during the race.  The old gauge was 25+
years old.  Not sure if it was the old gauge or the new one that is the issue
or if the temps are really that high.  On the cool down lap it did, however
come down to 200.  In previous years 220 was about as high as it would go.
Water temp was 210.  I took the screen off of the back of my grill and water
dropped to 200 and oil peaked at 240, so the extra air helped (it was also a 20
deg. hotter day after removing the screen).

I already have 2 oil coolers, but am using a stock looking/size TR3 aluminum
radiator.  I would like to change over to a wider crossflow radiator and since
I am racing SCCA so the rules allow it.  Does anyone know of an off-the-shelf
(i.e. not too expensive) crossflow aluminum radiator that will work in a TR3?
I understand that some hose rerouting will be needed.  Joe(B)

Surfing so fast you won't believe it's not broadband!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!