fot

Re: TR3 Radiators

To: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Radiators
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:43:18 -0500
A number of us have installed big aluminum radiators sold by the circle
track aftermarket  companies. Mine works so well that even on an 85 degree
day, I have to install a thermostat to get the temp up to 180.

Mine is a Griffin, which I purchased through a Moline, Illinois parts
supplier, The Car Shop. The radiator cost less than $180.Their website is

www.carshopinc.com

Not only are their prices very low, but they ship the same day and I often
get my parts the day after ordering.

My TR4 uses a 19" x 22" unit, and I've tried two outlet arrangements
because I damaged the first radiator in a shunt. My present installation,
which I like the best, has the outlets upper right and lower left. My
filler cap ended up lower than the top of the engine, so I had a Moroso
filler tig welded to the top of the aluminum water outlet on the top of the
head. If you would like to see what I did for plumbing, drop me an email
and I'll send photos.

My TR4 so installation may be different on a TR3, but I think Larry Young,
on FOT, installed the same thing in his TR3.