fot

Re: TR3 Radiators

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Radiators
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:45:24 -0700
I just putt an off the shelf, from Summit Racing, Griffen "drag"
radiator in the TR6.  $225.  Dimension is 17 wide by 19 high.  The
input, output and filler are all in the correct place.  The lower outlet
does not work in the stock position, so I tilted the radiator forward to
almost touch the top of the front fascia.  I used a couple of  L
brackets and some angle brackets with holes [From Home Depot!] in it to
mount the unit.  Worked like a charm.  I ran several 25 minute sessions
at Seattle Raceway Sunday and the temp never got over 180.  Very
pleased.  Not so happy I threw a bolt holding the right caliper on.
This allowed the caliper to "flip, breaking the lower bold mount --
interesting slapping on the binders from 120 or so and hearing great
clunking sounds [though it did slow down ok].

Chuck