fot

RE: TR3 Radiators / Thermostat Housing Rad Cap

To: "'fot@autox.team.net '" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Radiators / Thermostat Housing Rad Cap
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:16:38 -0500
I agree.  I just discovered the suction side of the water pump link a week
or two ago.  I already have the bleeder in the thermostat housing but was
having great difficulty getting the pump "primed" after a recent
replacement.  I think my radiator is just slightly too low to get the water
level up to the impeller.  I took the plug out of the line in the pump
housing that used to go to the thermostat housing (the bypass line), dumped
a bit of water in there and presto!  Primed pump and water squirting out of
the bleeder immediately.  I even got to use my new Alexander Racing
Enterprises wrench to remove and re-install the plug in the pump.

- Tony Drews