fot

RE: securing thrust washers

To: "'Gt6steve@aol.com'" <Gt6steve@aol.com>
Subject: RE: securing thrust washers
From: Terry and Cindy <roadandtrack@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:50:13 -0000
I suggest don't use shims to space it out & take up wear, but make new
thrust washers. this is not hard for any decent enginner

we use a mill to machine both the block & the cap to make a full circle,
and pin them using hard steel 1mm needle rollers that can be bought at a
decent bearing shop.  the pins are inserted in thru the oiling slot so they
dont hit the crank face

The "silver pin" refers to silver steel rod.

Terry