fot

Re: BRIC -- Huge pile-up!

To: "Susan Kahler" <spitfiresuz@141.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BRIC -- Huge pile-up!
From: "David Kettler" <dkettler@tcbi.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:55:55 -0500
Susan:

I was there working black flag.  I'm not sure what caused it but it occurred
at the start of the race yesterday morning.  There was a total of 17 cars
involved including Karl Schiffmeyer's cobra.  It was hard to see if someone
got out of line but I saw cars going sideways into the barriers and then saw
them getting piled up.  A wheel came at me and after running away from it,
I picked up an extinguisher and went over the wall onto the track.
Fortunately there was no fire.I saw a few drivers getting out of cars (from
the bottom of the pile).  Certainly one of the worst situations I've seen in
road racing.  I heard at the end of the day, all drivers were released from
local hospitals.

Dave Kettler