fot

Re: head plug

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <FOT@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: head plug
From: "David Kettler" <dkettler@tcbi.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:51:21 -0500
Jack:

I've had the aluminum plug dissolve also when I gave it to my machine shop
to do a valve job.  I ordered a replacement plug from Roadster Factory I
believe, and got a round bar of aluminum that was a series of threaded
plugs.  This was designed so you could thread it into the head and then
break it off.  I installed this and found that it leaked slightly.  I then
coated it with a coat of some type of epoxy and have had no leaks.  I did
this about 10 years ok and have had no problems on this street car.

Dave