fot

Re: Head Plug

To: Catpusher@aol.com, BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head Plug
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:57:17 EDT
In a message dated 8/9/05 10:28:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Catpusher@aol.com writes:

<< The fact that this plug leaks into the rocker area, and thus could dilute
the
 oil in the sump did get my attention; the thought of a slow leak during an
evening or
 storage, and the resulting water lube for the motor on restart did not seem
very nice

I thought that I never had any plug leaks in the several heads that I have
gone through, even the one with the steel plumber's plug in it.  On thinking
back to the late 60's, this famous plug may have been leaking.  I went to
change
the oil and got a deluge of water flying out before the oil started flowing.