fot

RE: Locked rear axle

To: "'triumph_marx@freenet.de'" <triumph_marx@freenet.de>
Subject: RE: Locked rear axle
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:50:07 -0700
> So if you don't hear anything from me - it has cost a racing driver ;-)

I hope not. The most effective thing to do is to do the Southwick axle
conversion, which could be problematic for you in Germany, but maybe a local
machine shop could do it for you. This modification uses stouter axles which
are less likely to break, and if they do, the axle is still retained if it
breaks in the usual place.

Another choice is to just get stouter axles. As I recall Addco has some. You
might consult the digest for the FOT or just ask Jack Drews and/or Joe
Alexander. They have far better memories and more information than I do.

The TranX Salisbury diff I have is excellent. They are expensive, but
cheaper than replacing a totaled car. I think they are made in Europe, so
you might find them at a far better price than we pay here in the U.S..