fot

RE: TR6 rod bearing saga

To: "'John Kipping'" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: TR6 rod bearing saga
From: "Terry and Cindy" <Roadandtrack2@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:42:33 +1000
Many County brand bearings are reboxed King bearings, made in Israel.
The King ones are very good quality and we use them widely in race &
street engines as they have a hardened steel backing. Readily available
in USA and we are a King re-seller here in Australia.

I would use them over old copper-lead bearings any day, as they offer
all the advantages of a modern alecular bearing, with the hardened steel
back to reduce the risk of hammer failure.

There are quite a few similar bearings, and yes, B series BMC is one of
them.

Terry O'Beirne