fot

RE: lessons

To: gasket.works@gte.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: lessons
From: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:16:05 +0000
>  The local gov. in New Orleans... Some sympathy but, they Knew this
>hurricane was 1) big "Incomming"  2) They knew the levies would likely
>give. 4) They knew that water and power would be a major issue.  5) They
>knew how high the water level would be at its worst.
>
>Can you imagine the mess if they didn't know these things?

  What about the Fed? They have been systematically defunding FEMA and the
Army Corps of Engineers. The upgrade of the levy was scheduled recommended
work and it was defunded by 75%. Subcontractors continued to work on the
levy for free, even after the Federal money ran out (New Orleans is their
home too). They worked until they ran out of materials.

  Let's top that off... Homejoke Security worked on three scenarios to help
prepare for disaster planning. They were...

     1. Another terrorist attack on NYC
     2. A major earthquake in San Francisco
     3. A MAJOR HURRICAINE HITS NEW ORLEANS

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois