fot

RE: Tow Vehicle Recommendations?

To: "'Bill Sohl'" <billsohl@mindspring.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tow Vehicle Recommendations?
From: "Jerry Barr" <jerrybarr@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:03:18 -0500
I tow a 16 foot enclosed trailer that weighs about 6000 pounds loaded
with a 1999 Dodge diesel 1 ton quad cab truck With 215 horsepower 420
lb/ft torque and 4.10 differentials. I know this is over kill but it
gets 12.7 to 13.6 towing at 65 to 70 mph and will do it all day long.
The mileage empty is around 18.7. The ambient temperature has to be
quite high before the fan even kicks in. With 80,000 mostly towing miles
the only problems I have had are, replaced the front rotors at 75000
miles and a rear seal leak on the transmission. No transmission problems
yet. Ask Tom Strange how it tows.

Jerry Barr
#59 Red GT6