fot

Re: Tow Vehicle Recommendations?

To: henry@henryfrye.com, britcars@bellsouth.net, s.janzen@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle Recommendations?
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:46:57 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>

   IMHO, a 22 foot box being towed by a mid-sized pickup/SUV is a really
bad idea. It might go OK, but stopping would probably be a nightmare.

==AM==
Anyone wanna hear my story about losing the rear brakes on my Ford
Explorer while still 250 miles from home...and towing a heavy trailer
loaded with a Standard Pennant sedan? Planning is everything when one
needs to slow and stop. Ironically, the brakes went out in
Mechanicsburg, PA, on a Saturday afternoon during which NO mechanics
were to be found anywhere near the Interstate....

In its prime, that '91 Explorer with the 4.0 V6, five-speed and full
towing package was great for towing, and I still got 19mpg doing so
(and around 20-21mpg without trailer).

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>