fot

RE: Tow Vehicle Recommendations?

To: "'herald948@aol.com'" <herald948@aol.com>, henry@henryfrye.com,
Subject: RE: Tow Vehicle Recommendations?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:11:12 -0700
One of my dumber ideas was that a 1959 Cadillac I found which had been used
to haul a matching camping trailer and had a Type III hitch integrated into
the frame and hidden behind the license plate would be a great and
appropriate vintage race car hauler. I hooked up my 23' Enclosed trailer
with no car in it, but a lot of tools and junk, and headed down my driveway.
Those of you that have been to my house know it is long, steep, and ends in
an automatic gate. I had to use every braking device at my disposal--car
brakes, engine braking, trailer brakes and almost my left sneaker to get the
thing stopped before the gate. End of experiment. Brakes are important.

The next day I say an older pickup truck with way too much wood in the bed
wrapped around a telephone pole at the bottom of my hill. Hippie-looking
driver was very upset that his brakes "went out". Brakes are important.